Monday, April 04, 2005

The Loss of One of The World's Greatest Man

I must say I was pretty affected by the Pope's passing on. I feel it is a loss to humanity. Really pray the next Pope would carry on Pope John Paul II's great legacy and love for the church and God's creation.
Although I have only been a Catholic for 4 years now, I've been brought up in a Catholic environment since I was 6. And ever since I can remember, the Pope has done so much for the world. Always striving for world peace and good inter-religious relationships and ties. Yesterday before I attended mass, I was watching CNA show case news about the late Pope and his missions. Not only did he travel around the world to visit the poor and sick. He also came to celebrate mass in S'pore back in Nov 1986. Such a small island could attain a visit from the Pope! The Pope's actions clearly displays his enthusiasm, zeal and love for God and his people. I was moved to tears as I watched. The late Pope, I pray for God's mercy and may he be in heaven with God in glory and may perpetual light shine upon him.

No comments: